I’m now fully-booked until the autumn of 2022, so I’m unable to take on new clients at this time. If there’s something urgent you need help with, please do email me and I’ll see what I can do, but please know that my calendar is closed to new bookings
Something keeping you up at night?
How would you feel if you had an impartial, independent, skilled friend to turn to when you need a second opinion about a tricky work problem?
Let’s have a chat.
If you’re ready to book, scroll down the page and choose a slot from my calendar.
Whether you’re struggling to get a project off the ground, looking for a bit of support from someone impartial outside your organization or just want clarity by running your thoughts past someone who has ‘been there, done that’… I’ll be your truth-speaking cheerleader and I can help you feel confident about your decisions!
Prefer the support of a group? Check out Project Management Rebels, my group training and mentoring program.
Swap hours of Google ‘research’ for immediate solutions based on your project environment. Let’s talk about what works in the real world of managing projects, programs and portfolios, because we don’t live in a textbook environment!
My bespoke mentoring for project managers is exactly what you need to excel in your projects and feel more confident at work.
I have nearly 20 years of work experience to draw on (and experience is one thing this APM article calls out as something important for mentors). I’ve led big projects, small projects and everything in between.
Unlike a training course or a book, investing in a relationship with someone who has been there and done that gives you access to my experience, my resources, my network and my personal library – all of which I can tailor to give you personalised advice that fits the challenges you’ve got. You’ll be supercharging your projects and career!
Think of me as your personal Google for project management and career problems!
If I can’t help, I’ll say so and probably direct you to someone who can.
“Elizabeth is so friendly and completely non-judgmental, which is what you really need to get the most out of a mentoring experience. In just a few sessions I’m feeling a lot more confident about being back at work. I cannot recommend the experience highly enough – thank you!”
Is Mentoring Right For You?
If you are working in project management or would like to work in projects and need some help:
- sorting out some of the daily problems you face
- putting together a career plan for your next promotion
- improving project communications
- getting to grips with virtual teams
- improving collaboration and team work
- cutting through the bureaucracy and redesigning processes
- or practically any other project-related problem
… then you should do it!
- My undivided attention and access to my brain for an hour via Zoom or the ‘real’ phone
- Written notes from the call along with any action steps we agreed for you to reference going forward
- Unlimited email support for 1 week after the call.
- Focus on your immediate and short-term challenges at work
- Come up with practical, tactical, pragmatic things to move you forward
- Discuss what will get you the best results.
A power hour is perfect for project, program and PMO managers:
- Looking to make changes in how they manage a project to get better results
- Wondering how to build support for their project or team
- Overcoming sticky political situations at work or dealing with teams who don’t do what they say they will!
- Wanting a confidence boost and the knowledge they are doing the right thing
- At some kind of cross-roads or facing a challenge at work, and in need of a listening ear to help formulate an action plan for next steps.
“I contacted Elizabeth about mentoring after I’d been out of the workplace for some time and really lost my confidence. We reviewed project management topics and business situations that I felt I had struggled with in the past; she either gave me assurance that I was on the right track with them or gave me some really great practical examples and tips to improve on them going forward. I have also found her advice on my job search incredibly helpful.”
Can my company pay?
Yes! There are lots of benefits for your organization as well as for yourself. When you talk to your boss about paying for this, mention that mentoring can raise your productivity and improve the culture of your team.
You’ll be more effective at your job. This isn’t about letters after your name: I’m methodology agnostic. What I care about is helping you deliver more successfully and with less stress for everyone involved – and your employer should definitely benefit from that.
It can also help companies save money because individuals who feel supported at work are less likely to leave, reducing the company’s turnover.
I can’t find a time that works for me
I work UK office hours and evenings and weekends by arrangement. Please send me an email at hello [at] otobosgroup.com. We can definitely find a time that suits us both.
If this doesn’t sound like a good fit, then a Chat Day might be a better option.